chris009988

Mar 21, 2008
:nener: Which is just naturally better for anything, and which would be better for trails, and for motocross...how fast do they go, and does the YZ125 have a smart clutch or is it those type where u give little gas and let the clutch off as u go??
PLZ HELP..thnx

gracey

Feb 1, 2008
Chris:

I see you are posting away on multiple forums. You may want to be a bit patient.
Your "how fast is it" in the 2 stroke forum isn't going to last long, because every boy on the planet asks that silly question and, well....If you suck as a rider it doesn't matter what bike you are on.

The two bikes in question are very different. It would be best if you followed the forum rules (listed at the start of the forum). Postthe answers to the questions below, and why you are considering those two bikes. Then be patient.

While you are waiting, use the search feature (top, two choices over from log out). Type in those bike names and anything else (autoclutch perhaps) and see what you find. You may find your answer before someone else posts, and won't that feel great! (BTW I thought a smartclutch was for drill bits??)

oldguy said:
Try to include the following info in your first post
1) Your physical size (both height and weight are important)
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
3) What do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
4) Do you have any riding experience?
5) Do you think you will race ?
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
7) Do YOU have a preference to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
10) Do you live in California?
11) Your age?
12) Anything else that you think would help form an opinion

This info won't guarantee a perfect bike choice but it will sure steer the answers you get closer to the ideal bike.

Good luck. Shopping for a bike is great fun!

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
The yz125 and ttr-125 do not have an auto clutch. You have to give it gas and let the lever out. they Yz125 will go faster than you'll ever need to make it go.. But The Yz125 will be better because it is a motocross 2-stroke, and the ttr-125 is more of a beginner trail bike. And you would probably get bored of it (and its not good for motocross either.

Fill out the thing gracey posted, and we will help you more....

Die Hard

Mar 22, 2008
i have owned a tr 125 and it was the funnest bike i have ever rode. it had plenty of top end and torque so i would get the ttr if you want a better all around bike.

flamehead

Mar 14, 2008
these bikes are no where near in the same class. if you've never been on a bike before get the ttr125. the yz is a race bike and meant to go fast, not to mention its a better bike in every way.

Yamajoe250F

Mar 21, 2008
Agreed the TTR 125 was a good beginner bike for me when i was learning but as far as quick and snappy the YZ is The WIN, start off with the 125 , get the shifting and motions right then you can move on later to a YZ.

Or if you dont wanna spend the money on another bike when your ready i say get the YZ but just dont use all the power and then learn on that.

either one you'll still have fun but just be careful.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom