WaRainRider

Sep 26, 2014
Please forgive me if this isn't the right place for this particular post and also if this is a dumb question - I'm new to this, and I've got a lot to learn! I recently bought a 2001 XR250R, which I've modified (via Cycle Pro kit) for street use. I discovered that my plastic OEM fuel tank has a hole in it, and I'd like to replace it. So, I'm wondering which XR model year(s) fuel tanks would fit on my bike. I read on another forum that all of the "bigger" XR's (250R/400R/600R/650L) between '96-'03 have interchangeable parts - but the OEM specs have different part numbers for the fuel tank on each model (even from the same year), so I'm confused. Can anybody set me straight? Thanks!

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
Please forgive me if this isn't the right place for this particular post and also if this is a dumb question - I'm new to this, and I've got a lot to learn! I recently bought a 2001 XR250R, which I've modified (via Cycle Pro kit) for street use. I discovered that my plastic OEM fuel tank has a hole in it, and I'd like to replace it. So, I'm wondering which XR model year(s) fuel tanks would fit on my bike. I read on another forum that all of the "bigger" XR's (250R/400R/600R/650L) between '96-'03 have interchangeable parts - but the OEM specs have different part numbers for the fuel tank on each model (even from the same year), so I'm confused. Can anybody set me straight? Thanks!
Old post, so if you still have your ride, go to ebay and match your tank to the one for sale.

Top Bottom