scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
In other words, I want summer back. So far, we have about 10 inches of snow on the ground, and still snowing in North Jersey, and I have been sitting in the dark with no power since about noon. It's not even Halloween yet, its too early for this. I know **** happens, and it may be days before we see power again, but I am bored. I guess tomorrow if power isnt back, I'll just have to see if I can fire up the old snowmobile.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I feel ya Dan. We had one more day of pumpkins and corn maze on the farm. With 3 or more inches already on the ground I don't think we'll be doing much tomorrow but digging out.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I saw where someplace in Mass already had over 2 feet at 7pm

ohh snow in the maze? can I bring my snowmobile to run the maze :nod:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
By the way, power came back on just before 11

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
scooter1130 said:
ohh snow in the maze? can I bring my snowmobile to run the maze :nod:

Waayy too narrow for a snow machine. Good practice on a trials bike though.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Good luck ya'll ....!!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
meh, we must be too close to the ocean. Only got 6 inches of white stuff. Plainfield, MA reportedly got multiple feet.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RI would sink before it got over 2 feet of heavy wet snow.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I guess I lucked out this time. I live up on a mountian and got an inch or two but nothing has stuck to the roads. In the valley they got nuttin'

I hope you guys make it OK. Snow sucks big time. I hate to cold.

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
Went riding yesterday and discovered that summer is here in me part of the world as I now have a sunburned neck from a too loose collar (hope the snow isn't too costly) I wish for snow to play in and only get a chance every 2nd or 3rd year way down here. If there is a moral it may be "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" but I prefer the regee song "don't worry be happy"

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I actually love the snow, but I'm not a fan of the cold weather that comes with it. The big problem with this storm was the over 3 million people without power, and for many of them it may be up to a week before they get it back. I was one of the lucky ones only being out for about 11 hours.

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
Last week the northern regions of New zealand lost it's natural gas supply and on the surface it was a so what situation until the milk factories, sugar factory and bakeries were unable to function due to no gas for about 4 days. No bread milk beer and about half the take away food businesses and resteraunts all out. Hope all in the cold up there are not doing it too hard and can cook and stay warm. The no TV or lighting would cut me the most

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Ouch, No BEER? :whoa:

And the no tv and lights wasnt as bad as the no internet since there is never anything on tv anyway.

Top Bottom