joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Was there anyplace dry enough to ride this weekend? Just curious, so that info can be stored away for future use. :) It was VERY wet in Georgia. :( We ended up riding a new trail I cut last weekend on some hunting property I lease with a friend, after it dried off a LITTLE this afternoon. Still kinda slippery...

Just can't imagine how those poor Northerners survive the winter. Glad to be down here!

Joe

ob1quixote

Jul 23, 2003
joereitman said:
Was there anyplace dry enough to ride this weekend? Just curious, so that info can be stored away for future use. :) It was VERY wet in Georgia. :( We ended up riding a new trail I cut last weekend on some hunting property I lease with a friend, after it dried off a LITTLE this afternoon. Still kinda slippery...

Just can't imagine how those poor Northerners survive the winter. Glad to be down here!

Joe
Took my daughter to race in the Sumter Junior Enduro, SETRA series. It was nasty, but thankfully not too cold. She DNFd, threw a chain that was tight about 17 miles earlier.

But she's lookin forward to the Sandlapper in 2 weeks.......

Robert

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Sorry to hear about her DNF, was it a non-o ring chain or o ring?

Never tried an enduro. Just mx, 1 hs, and a season of flat track.

Anyone here ever flat track? (Yes I know there is a sub-forum for this, but just curious if any Southern spodes ever do the sideways thing).

ob1quixote

Jul 23, 2003
Chain? stock chain, probably not O-ring. Guess its time to replace it, I should have seen that coming with all the mods I've done lately.

If you are interested in enduro or hare scrambles, try www.setra.org
If you happen to be like me, kinda slow and outa shape{!} try a hare scramble first
1 and 1/2 hour race, 7-15 mile course, no time keeping, he who finishes first wins [by class].
Enduros are a bit tougher, 50-115 miles, generally not over same spot twice! No jumps to speak of, but a real test of your riding [and pacing] ability. You should try one sometime. Sandlapper Enduro is in 2 weeks, I was actually able to finish without "houring out" that one {I always finish, even if the sweep crew is eating my dust!}

Our club has two members who are partners in a flat track in Neeses SC
www.midcarolinaspeedway.com Sometimes they have a "run what ya brung" night where knobbies are allowed.

I wouldnt mind trying flat track, but until there is a local track, my check book can relax!!

Robert

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
I remember when the Neeses track was first opening. Supposed to be a nice, sand based track if I recall correctly. The old "Rutledge Speedway" where I raced AHRMA sportsman 600 and 70's singles in 01 has been drastically enlarged and improved, now has a decent bank, and is about 1/6 or 1/7th instead of the former speedway like 1/10th. It is now kart only, closed to bike, but "off the record" I can say that a knobbied 250 cc mx'er will FLY around it in 4th, scraping the peg on feet up turns. ;)

Have done a HS years ago, would like to try it again. There is one in Green COunty, GA, very near me, each October, near Towns Creek ORV facility. Never seen much publicity on it though...

A 100 mile enduro? Not for me. 80

robrm250

Sponsoring Member
May 5, 2002
loretta lynns trail ride,I believe this was the best one yet.The weather was perfect,the trails were great and when you were ready to relax you could sit and watch about 100 little kids riding around a kids loop having a blast.

fuscia

Feb 6, 2008
Weekend Riding

I did some dirt biking with my friend near Cox, GA. That's between the Altamaha and US 57. Lots of land managment area and sand roads to mess around on. :ride:

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
we rode this weekend down here in florida
croom orv in brooksville it was hot but dry
was my first time on my bike since my bad wreck back in december :cool:
didnt ride long though just out to the spot where i hit the tree to see if i could figure out what happened seeing as i have no memory of the crash just waking up on the ground
with my chin hanging off my face :yikes: and not being able to breathe

Scooterb

Dec 9, 2007
Ftr Hs

Rode the FTR HS7 in Ona Florida, It was dusty but alot of fun.
My son (9) first race and took 14th in Pee Wee C with 31 riders in his class :yeehaw: .

I finished 3rd out of 4 riders 1 lap down due to having to change a broken clutch lever after a first turn crash (and I had the holeshot :bang: ) in my class.

Top Bottom