KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Superbike - While I rarely have to worry about burning checks - from my view the Panoram works fine for a casual enduro racer.

By displaying your actual speed in MPH you can monitor how you are doing, plus it does display average when you want it to. Once you establish an average (lets say it is magicially 24!), a small arrow appears beside the current speed indicator - when it is on the right, you are currently riding below your average, when it is on the left, you are currently above the average (I think of it as right side = throttle side = twist it more!). For me though...I am almost always in need of twisting that thing on the right a bit more!

So between that, and simply looking at the ODO display, your route sheet and your watch strapped on the handle bar - I can almost feel like I am actually competing in an enduro! I had a blast doing it when I rode "X" with my son in the Spring Pinecone. I finally had a chance to REALLY time keep!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Fender: What are you running for your wheel size on the trail tech? Aaron wishes you the best of luck and wants to make a wager of one very cold bottle of his private stash of very high quality root beer if you beat him. Ooh he’s wondering how your elbow is and if you need a couple spark plugs he says he has a few he no longer needs :nener:
Mike: How old is your unit? I don't ever remember seeing the little arrows next to the MPH speed? My unit is the endurance model.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Pat - mine is an endurance as well - but you know what...i may of been thinking of my older unit I had before this one! Duh...maybe them little arrows are not even there any more and I was to dense to realize it!

team bulldog

Apr 4, 2004
Hey michman

Rode with ya last saturday, I thought you said you're gonna be @ the moose, what's up^?? Is it gonna be a dual to the death? Is it guns or knives? Just kidd'in!.Good luck man!
Oh dude, I liked your beard! SWEEEEET!!

michman

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 7, 2000
Mr. Bulldog,

I will be there. I was just trying to be a$$. Anyway i was suppose to have a freelance gynocology class that weekend but I was able to put that off for another weekend. Have you been able to save the GG for this weekend? I prefer guns.

Napper

team bulldog

Apr 4, 2004
Ya bro,

GG's on the operating table as we speak. Old Baldy aims to please, he said it'd be done by wednesday. I guess the beard and the double00 jewelry explains the gyno classes. I thought you'd go for guns you gangsta

Last edited:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
70 marlin said:
I'll have to keep an eye on the unit?

Hey Pat - when I rode this weekend, low and behold...them little indicators I mentioned are indeed there! Not beside the MPH display exactly, but above and to each side. they are small and hard to see though - but right side indicator (assuming your average is at or below your target) means twist that right grip a bit more.

My son's bike and mine are both ready to roll. I cant wait for Friday to come! :yeehaw:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I guess I need to open my eye's when riding! Where are you camping? Aaron & I should be up there early friday afternoon.

CircuitRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2002
Ya know, I really love the vocation to which I am called and sent...

But, I sure hate to miss my trip to Marquette.... (Mission trip to S.D.)

Please, lots of pics and reports...

Mike Sr.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I'm with you Circuitrider!! PICS AND REPORTS are a must have!! Pretty Please!!
and Marlin, I think you may have just found a way to at least double your trail speed - open those eyes!! :) Of course its more fun to "fly by instuments" but I bet you wont go thru as many bark busters with your eyes open!!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
70 marlin said:
I guess I need to open my eye's when riding! Where are you camping? Aaron & I should be up there early friday afternoon.

Pat - I do find eyes open helps...but there was that one time with the stick in the eye....

We will be camping somewhere near the starting area, and plan on arriving between 3 and 5pm Friday. We will likely set up a bit off the main area as the family prefers things a bit more quiet. We will be in our motorhome (same one you saw at trailfest) towing either a big black enclosed trailer that says "snap on" on it, or towing a tiny 3 rail bike trailer (long story as to the uncertainty as to which trailer - wont know until the last minute!). Look me up. I will do likewise.

Woodsy and Mike. Sr...I am sure I can talk my darlin wife to take tons of pics around the pits and at the start etc... but during the Mini and Loose, I suspect I should concentrate on riding rather than pics! (those trees are to close normally, let alone through a zoom lens!) :yikes:

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Well, I won't be there :(
But I can tell you it will be AWESOME! nzambon has put together an incredible course for you guys! Another classic Loose Moose test for the riders!
All of the Sandstormers have been working hard on getting everything together... trail preparation, paperwork, pre-entries, etc. We hope to be good hosts -- please be kind to the MANY volunteers we have helping us to run this event, we can't do this without their assistance.
Let us know your thoughts (constructive thoughts, please!) after the event.
Have fun everyone, drive safe to and from the beautiful UP, ride hard and RIDE SAFE!
Magoo

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Everybody wish Aaron & his brother a Happy birthday! They will be turning 18yrs old the day of the Mini Moose. Give him a roost as you pass him :laugh:

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Roost? Ooooh...tempting...

I think my wheel size is around 2229mm.

And my elbow is just fine now. Thanks for asking! :thumb:

I'll see you all up in Marquette! We're leaving Friday at 9 AM.

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I have the Mash Industrial race wagon all loaded up!! I am so excited! Now I just have to wait! I will probably leave tomorrow morning around 8am, and be up there in the early afternoon!!! See ya in paradise! (not the town mind you)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom