Status
Not open for further replies.

ronm

Jan 5, 2002
Well, let see when your 14 year old son is clearing 30 foot table tops on a TTR125L and brakes the rear hub, it is pretty clear, that he needs a more capable bike. What do you think?

Ron

kdxtodd

Nov 14, 2001
I understand what you mean. You guys ride trails heavily but don't race. I did that on my kdx for a while. Jumped 30- 40 ft table tops but hardly ever went to the track. But I don't see why your complaining that its hondas fault that your bike fouling plugs. If it dosn't work as advertised, try to fix it. It does make me wonder, if honda cant make their 125 fast, how can make it reliable. oh well

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
ronm said:
then I would not have to read idiot reponses such as yours because you are blah blah blah blah..........

The main point, blah blah blah bringing the the table a very simple point that apparently your are still incapable or unwilling to accept so I won't waste anymore time on it.

Thing is, blah blah blah and I could get technically correct documents written.

All these responses and you still don't get it? :think:

THE TABLE ISN'T THE PROBLEM...GET OVER IT.

When the kid is jumping 60ft triples and running in the A/B class, then tell us how many plugs you foul.

:|

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
When I read this thread, I was thinking it absolutely had to be a joke. I've been here since 2000, and I can honestly say I've never read anything this ridiculous. The whaaaambulance should have been fired up a long time ago, for sure. I can't believe it.

Idling for a few seconds is ok but anything after that is going to load up the plug although you should be able to clean it off with a few revs.

Anyone loading up plugs is just not jetted properly to account for low signal. Sure, these CV type carbs don't like to work at low rpm since the same condition (signal) exists as at high rpm--a straight shot through semi-open reeds into the heart of the matter. But, it's doable--and my KX500 will idle all day long without 'loading up', as they say. Then again, my particular bike likes it real lean down low and rich up top.

Orton--AV GAS is the worst sludge you can run in a 125. That fuel's tendency to resist detonation is at least partially due to its high aromatic hydrocarbon content. Problem is, aromatics (benzene, toluene etc.) give poor throttle response either by affecting the distillation curve or flame front propagation--don't remember which, or both? The better fuel for a 125 would allow you to advance ignition timing as far as possible without causing detonation--since they're RPM monsters. AV GAS works great in planes where hum drum rpm's eliminate that concern.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
This individual seems to be beyond help. No point in leaving this open.
I'd suggest posting this same stuff on as many other boards as you can. Maybe, just maybe, after 2-300 people tell you the same thing, you'll finally get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom