will any NISSIN front brake master cylinder work on 05 crf450?

rodH

Aug 17, 2005
can I get a NISSIN master for my front brake from any brand and slap in an 05 CRF450, or are these very specific to each bike? The bike I am buying was crashed so bad that that part was ripped off completely and is now gone. I have a 99 YZ250 I am parting out, would that one work, or would others work???

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Yes, they are all similar.

The honda specific m/c's have the brake hose leaving on the back side. Assuming this does not cause trouble.

MX Junkie

Jan 3, 2006
rodH said:
can I get a NISSIN master for my front brake from any brand and slap in an 05 CRF450, or are these very specific to each bike? The bike I am buying was crashed so bad that that part was ripped off completely and is now gone. I have a 99 YZ250 I am parting out, would that one work, or would others work???

The front master cylinder on a 99 YZ 250 is made by Akabono and I don't think the line will fit.

rodH

Aug 17, 2005
Rcannon said:
Yes, they are all similar.

The honda specific m/c's have the brake hose leaving on the back side. Assuming this does not cause trouble.

Is there any reason it would cause "trouble"???

phranticness

Jan 4, 2006
the only thing to consider really is the diameter of the masters piston bore, the size is relivent to how much fluid is moved. a smaller bore will require more travel to move the same amount of fluid to the caliper. conversly a larger bore will require less travel. Of course hose routeing can be an issue. good luck bud. I'd give it a shot, try it out and see if it works ok.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
The 99 M/c will work. You'll lose power in your brakes as compared to the stock unit, but not too much.
I have tried them both back to back on a CRF 450.

The hose leaving the m/c on opposite sides could make the hose go right into the handlebar instead of across the front numberplate. If the fitting on the brake line is straight, it should be no big deal.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom