Winter Project finally finished....

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Well, I actually fired up the girl today. Started second kick(after I found a busted wire off the CDI ~took 2 hours to figure that out). I was actually giggling because this is the first time I ever attempted anything major with the bike. I started ripping it apart sometime in January. I got the frame powdercoated jet black with 3 coats of clear (looks pretty killer.) I got a set of Pro Taper bars (Pastrana Bend) with the bar kit of Ebay for a killer deal. Some Gold Excel rims, new plastic, FMF Rad Valve w/reeds, Motion Pro throttle, Barnett Clutch Kit. Polished the hell out of the swingarm, that probably took about 6-7hours to get to shine, but they look puurty :) So I was greasing everything, cleaning everything. Its insane how much dirt can get inside a linkage bearing that really blew my mind. So I get it all back together (of course with my DRN fender stickers) And the damn thing wouldn't start, I knew this was going to happen, everything else went pretty smooth, I knew something had to go wrong, it always does. After a while I figured out it was a cable from the CDI that had wiggled out of its connector. Second kick fire right up, the best feeling in the world to know that you did something from the ground up and it actually works.. I'll get some pics up in a day or 2, have to make some final tweaks..

I hope everyone else has good luck with their winter project..

Last edited:

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
As promised, here's a pic. I"m still waiting for the side panels to come in, but you guys get the idea..

bike1_copy.jpg

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
That IS a pretty cool loking bike ...'90 eh? Sweet :cool:

Top Bottom