Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Just got back from the Dr. got the go ahead to start riding (eazy)! I was thinking about trying to race @ Portland Sunday for practice but I think I will just go and be a Pit Sally for Bryan & Ryan. So any DRN's at Portland look us up. I probably will try to hook up with someone to try to ride Saturday.
8 weeks in a figure eight brace is just to confining I need to RIDE. Woodsys reports are fine (I'm jealous) but a real ride, even if its slow is what I need.
Don :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Sounds good! I was wondering when you were going to get healed up!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
:whiner: My doctor won't clear me to ride until May....At least I can go to Pontiac this weekend! But then I'm REALLY going to want to ride!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Don Marsh said:
:yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Glad you can start riding again! It was a REAL thrill a couple weeks ago for me to get back on the bike after a couple months of layover time, and I know you'll have an ear-to-ear grin going when you can finally toot the scoot!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I'm going to ride behind my house tonight and then decide what the weekend will bring.
Don

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Well I rode a little last night & it felt GREAT!
Nothing technical just seat time. Mabe I will play hookey this after noon & hit a trail somewhere, high of 55!

GBR39

Mar 29, 2004
Don, I'll have to talk to you more once "summer" is here. Labor Day last year was the first time we rode in Kalkaska. We would like to return but have to first fine a place to set up camp. We don't do camp grounds but like to primitive camp some where relatively close to the trail (any part of it). If you or anyone else could offer any suggestions that would be great and very appreciated. We did find a place last year but it wasn't quite big enough for all of us (7 campers) It was off a two track just west of an ORV parking...I think?

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Give me a shout when the weather gets better.
Don

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
GBR39 said:
Don, I'll have to talk to you more once "summer" is here. Labor Day last year was the first time we rode in Kalkaska. We would like to return but have to first fine a place to set up camp. We don't do camp grounds but like to primitive camp some where relatively close to the trail (any part of it). If you or anyone else could offer any suggestions that would be great and very appreciated. We did find a place last year but it wasn't quite big enough for all of us (7 campers) It was off a two track just west of an ORV parking...I think?

There's a couple campgrounds that work well for riding Kalkaska. The first one is off Goose Creek road. Take M-72 east from the main parking lot for the trail about 3 miles. Turn right on Goose Creek Road. After another mile or two there's a campground on the right side. There is a trail spur specifically for this campground that goes to the Kalkaska north loop.

The second campground can be reached by taking the northbound road just to the west of the large parking lot entrance. It is on Lake ???? (I hate old age, can't remember the name of the Lake) and also has a spur to the main loop right from the campground.

Top Bottom