Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Ride it like you stole it! If it blows just rebuild it! Then do it again!!

After that buy a shop manual and see how everything goes together properly and it will be perfectly fine for the next 100 years.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Patman said:
Ride it like you stole it! If it blows just rebuild it! Then do it again!!

After that buy a shop manual and see how everything goes together properly and it will be perfectly fine for the next 100 years.
:rotfl:

I've tried not to touch this one........

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It's plastic, if you have a drill, a dremmel and a heat gun ANY fender will fit.

brentoncole

Feb 17, 2010
just ordered a trailbikes 132 big bore kit and was wondering what people think of this kit ive heard owners mention that it burns oil and was wondering if any one found a cure doesn't seem like a big deal but i haven't heard anyone say why it burns oil some theories are the skirt less piston and cylinder or maybe a seal

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Might have been a good idea to do a little research before buying. XR100.com has some interesting info on going bigger than 120cc and they have a crazy amount of tral world experience, Powroll is another company with many years of air cooled Honda experience and they also suggest 120cc max. Sometimes bigger is not always better. You should eriously consider killing off your order and getting a top shelf kit or having a knowledgable builder put together a punched out engine for you so that you don't end up with a bunch of expensive broken pieces.

Yes I know exactly what I am talking about I have two punched out XR's.

brentoncole

Feb 17, 2010
well i checked out xr100.com which has just about everything but info on the xr100 and yes they did say 120cc was max but they also said the problems from mixing cams, heads, and cylinders from different companies, so far i have not heard of a 132 kit failing and most my research has yielded that the failures in the xr100 happen when they are built to about 13hp+,
The bbr kit is about 10hp and the tb132 kit is 11hp so i just naturally chose the cheaper more powerful kit, i dont rev the crap outta my bikes so i dont think it will break a crank or eat valves i know you know what your talking about but my choice is between the bbr or the tb132 kit not the fancy 12hp EO kit so unless i hear a real story ill just go ahead keep the 132 kit

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
brentoncole said:
... i dont rev the crap outta my bikes so i dont think it will break a crank or eat valves
:think:
brentoncole said:
... before the rebuild it felt i like i could rev for ever there was just no limit but now it cuts out at high rpm and feels like im hitting a rev limiter
:blah: :blah: :blah:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yes but it's bigger.

brentoncole

Feb 17, 2010
rethinking it im gonna go with the bbr kit i went on thumper talk and i got a real answer from an owner in about an hour sounds like the cylinder ends up warping pretty bad and I still maintain the statement that I dont rev the crap outta my engine that was purely testing procedure and i felt kinda stupid after that post because my bike was just running way rich and blubbering

brentoncole

Feb 17, 2010
well i only did the rings and after i put the new rings in it didnt gain as much power as i thought it would so i just decided to get the big bore

brentoncole

Feb 17, 2010
been awhile got the bbr kit put in about a month ago and its runnin good but i think i need a bigger pilot jet to go with the main since my bike is backfiring from the carb until it warms up does this mean its too rich or just too cold out side i have the a/f screw really far out trying to give it better low end throttle but it might be hurting it, and i made a custom frame cradle and was wondering if anyone knew how much stress is put on the cradle since the pipe i used was pretty thin and is made of two un connected pieces of steel tubing. surely this is way more support than the stock skid plate offered i might post a pic

Top Bottom