Feb 25, 2001
What is the difference in power between these ? I would like to know which one has more low end speed and is thougher. I see alot of kids riding ttr90's around in the pits but same as XR50's and all these models seem like a great deal but do you feel much of a power gain from the xr-50 to the ttr90 ?
and or much of a gain from the xr-50 to the xr70 ?

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I'm not sure what "low end speed" is, or which which bike would do best in the WWF. Since all three bikes come from the factory in a similar state of tune, I think it's safe to assume that an XR 70 will produce approx. 40% more power than an XR 50 and a TT-R 90 will produce approx. 80% more power than an XR 50. Your homework assignment is to figure out where the XR 70 stands in relation to the TT-R 90.

Feb 25, 2001
Well in my experience back when the Z50 was on the market it toted me around better than a XR80 we have jumps in the backyard for mini bikes..they are toned down bmx dirt jumps and the XR 80 cant hit them but some kids in the hood have Z50's and hit them just fine.

Feb 25, 2001
Not so far...atleast when im standing up I dont have troubles.I would get another Z50 but I have to take out a loan and want to do it through the dealership. If you have seen Crusty's 3 ...take a look at the part where they are jumping the Z's....pretty much I have a track like that in the side property of my house where we all gather and I get my but kicked by the younger lighter kids but its still fun. I actually had a kids friend out there on a ktm 65 and he was doing great . Fastest lap times I have ever seen...being 165 pounds its not easy riding these things but they are a blast. I might just go for the Ttr-90 . A kid from down the street tried a suzuki DS80 on the track and that didnt work out well...just not enough low end and it almost seemed to big to turn in the air to get just right to land.

Top Bottom