Bent6

Jul 30, 2000
Are you talking about the engine used in the late 80's TT-350's? I had one of those bikes and it was a very good engine. It had a dual carb setup, that made the bike easy to start when dropped. That carb was jetted very lean especially on todays fuel. I wound up buying micro drill bits and going up two sizes on the pilot. The boots and the cylinder head to carb tend to crack, and I'm not sure if they are still available. The shifting was good but notchy with occasional false neutrals. Power was very good for an air cooled 4-stroke. I spun the heck out of it and never had an issue.

Rick88

Dec 20, 2006
actually its a 94 XT 350f but that sounds like the same engine and the intake boots are dried up and cracking. I'm looking for new ones, other then that it seems like a nice motor. Thanks for the reply..

snowbugca

Mar 11, 2007
I have a XT 350 year 2000, almost the same bike. They do go through intake manifold boots, just changed mine. Now it runs great . try bikebandit Mine is a notchy shifter too. Yamaha didn`t fix it. I ride with my son on back and we go way back in the bush and it always gets us home. I wish first gear was a little lower and 6 gear was a little taller. It is great around town too. Jim

JohnRaven.exe

Jun 5, 2006
Hey, I have a '86 XT350 :) I'm currently rebuilding the entire bike. I would also recommend Bike Bandit. I ordered a Master Cylinder parts kit, it was just what I needed!! They can get almost any OEM part for the XT350's. Another good thing is that they have a flat rate of $6 shipping.

BTW.... Does anyone know where I can get some new fork boots? (that are NOT OEM) I really don't want to pay $100 for new OEM boots...thats just ridiculous! I saw some cheap ones on Evil-Bay but I'm not sure of they'll be long enough when I get my forks/bike back together. The OEM boots I have right now are about 12'' long, but I'm not sure if thats just because they have been stretched or not... The ones on Evil-Bay are 11'' long, but I'm not sure if they will work or not.... Anyone want to give some insight on this matter ? :)

Top Bottom