Mrwyoming

May 27, 2018
Hi there, I just bought my son a older model pw50. I bought the bike for $100 , and knowing it wasn’t working. I thought it would be a simple fix, because it is getting no spark. The guy I bought it from had , it running two days ago. I watched the video he had riding it and the date on it. He parked it and went to ride it the next day and it wouldn’t start. I did all the basic checks and at a stand still, and just seeing if anyone has had this same issue . Any tips would be great thank you.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Have you tried a new plug ? Did you check ground? Let us know what you have checked an how.

Mrwyoming

May 27, 2018
Have you tried a new plug ? Did you check ground? Let us know what you have checked an how.

Hi there, thanks for the reply. We did check the ground. I bought a new plug, and we cleaned the ground, and use a meter to check the ground. I saw some people talking about , the run , start switch. This one is broke and stuck on start. Would that have anything to do with it?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
If I were going through the process of elimination on why it won't start and a switch on the bike called Start/Run exists, I'd probably be looking there as well. That bike hasn't changed substantially in many years, I'm sure you can find a replacement fairly easily and cheap. I wouldn't try by-passing it on a kids bike other than to take it out of the loop temporarily to see if that's the problem.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Start with the basics and don't assume they are correct until you test them.

Think FACTS :

Fuel, Air, Compression, Timing, Spark

verify each, and make sure they function properly and the engine doesn't have much choice but to start and run properly.

Assuming it ran recently and you have Spark and decent compression then the next logical place to look is the carb. Small engines like this have tiny carbs with really tiny jets. Given how poor most gas is today it doesn't take much to have a jet get plugged and keep it from starting. If you have spark and compression and the plug isn't wet or at least smelling of fuel after you kick it multiple times then you likely have one of the low speed/starting jets plugged up.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom