russ_220

May 31, 2002
I'm thinking of going to a KTM450 EXC from a two smoke YZ250 set up for enduro. Ive never rode the KTM and i dont know anyone who owns one but i would really like to try the bike out first. How much more is this bike going to work me in the tight trails than the YZ and is the extra weight really noticeable?

pace

Nov 21, 2003
I don't notice the extra weight on trails. However, I did take my 525 to the moto track and can feel the additional weight/rotating-mass when airborne, and on tight 'squared off' type turns that require lots of physical input.

I love my 525 for offroad, but would not want one as my primary MX machine. Bear in mind that I use it on fast western-type terrain, not tight muddy woods. Given that you're looking at this for eastern enduros, have you considered the 300 EXC? ..or even the 400 RFS which many people find less tiring than the 450 and 525.

russ_220

May 31, 2002
Well Im trying to get away from the 2-stroke or I would consider the 300. Im a tall light weight guy so the 400 would probably suit me better but newer ones are hard to come by here. I would like to find someone in my area that might let me ride one of these bikes.

Top Bottom