phranticness

Jan 4, 2006
KX 250 Bogs at full throttle

00' KX250, ran great this weekend. when I got home I washed it like normal and parked it. 2 days later I take it out for a little put on my neighbors property. I did'nt hit full throttle for around 10minutes. it was cutting out a bit on my full throttle spurts, felt like a fouled plug. I put a new plug in today, same problem................I can simulate the problem in the garage too. give the bike runs fine when I crack the throttle like normal. If I give it full throtte (in neutral, or under a load) It will cut out if I don't let off it'll die. when I do let off it's all loaded up like it's flooded and takes about 45 seconds to clear up and run right, full throttle again and it dies....... I've got a new plug in it. fresh gas and oil tonight, air filter is free of water and ok, I checked all electrical connections and removed the stator cover (dry)..............any thoughts, mabey the washing was just a coincidence......... HELP, I wanna ride this weekend........ :bang:

GODsRebel

Jul 27, 2006
what is the condition of your pipe.....cause mine seems to do that depending on how hard i ride and i think its my pipe.....i got a few big dents in it

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
I had a 1989 KX250 that did the same thing. It was a problem with the powervalve. It wasn't actuating to the open position. Below 6000 rpm it ran fine, but when it transitioned to where the KIPS should open...it just bogged.

My problem was the retaining bolts for the main exhaust valve (right above where the pipe exits the cylinder) came loose. This allowed the main/center exhaust valve to wobble around and caused it to slip out of it's alignment with the two barrel valves. It basically just bound everything up in the closed position.

I would take your right side KIPS cover off and blip the throttle in neutral (higher than 6000 rpm). Your KIPS actuator arm should pull out from the cylinder about 1 inch. If it's not moving (or not moving much) then this might be your problem.

It can cost anywhere from $50-$200 in parts depending on what has broken, but shouldn't be a huge ordeal to fix as all the parts are concentrated in the cylinder and clutch side cover.

Micah

phranticness

Jan 4, 2006
Thanks for the replys guys, I figured it out this morning though. Broken reed, a good 3/4 of an inch was missing on one of the reeds, I found a set of used v-force for my cr. I just changed the pedels, they were slightly different but I modified them to work.

I'll throw in some key words so the next guy using seach will have an easyer time than I usually do on a search.

bog bogs reed reeds hesitation cuts out cut loads loading up wot full throttle

Top Bottom