Morvo

Oct 31, 2005
Sup,

Our 1995 KX250 seems to be experiencing throttle response issues in the low/mid range of the rev range. She starts fine, idles fine, doesn't smoke at all, picks up brilliantly and tops out to oblivion! But if you try and ease the throttle on or use half of the revs it just doesn't want to know about it, so it's either low revs where it's quite jumpy on the rev range or it's all out power! There's not really an inbetween, well, there is but not as smooth as I would like if you know what I mean?

What do you think would be causing this to happen? Bad fueling? Bad timing? Power valve problem? Normal operation of this bike? As I said before, it is by no means gutless and it tries to rip your arms off at full pelt, maybe I'm just being pedantic...

Ideas welcome,

Dan :nod:

Morvo

Oct 31, 2005
IndyMX said:
Perhaps it's a bit rich on the needle?

I can't remember the exact position of the needle in the carb but if I recall correctly I think I set it to a fairly lean position to overcome the old problem we had with the plugs fouling all of the time... Do you think maybe I should richen the mixture then or would this make things worse?

Morvo

Oct 31, 2005
88'cr250r said:
should be in the middle if it is drop it one

Ok, so when you say drop it one do you mean to move the circlip down the needle or up the needle (I can't remember which way leans/riches).

And it is definately something to do with the needle you think, nothing else would spring to mind considering my circumstances?

Thanks for the speedy replies by the way, much appreciated :nod:

Morvo

Oct 31, 2005
Ahhh, conflicting issues now :) . So should I just go back to the centre and move it up one then? Basically, do you think it's because of overfueling that our bike is having this problem? I was always under the impression that the richer the mixture the more 'boggy' the throttle feels (which it isn't).

Top Bottom