Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
A suggestion

This could be the best $19.95 you ever spent

http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32507

Jets for less >> http://www.sudco.com/

I don't know what slide comes stock with the KTM's to suggest needles but I've read by others that single taper needles work best in Katooms - like a CEL for example.

OK TRY IT NOW

That program by James Dean can have your jetting perfect before you leave your nice comfy shop for the race.

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I think its fixed

anyway do a search in the new services forum and it will come up. It was posted on 12-30-01

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
ddk would be a good choice. I would also suggest a ddj and dck and dcj which will be 1/2 clip position richer on #3 cej and cek might be worth a try as well.

The 02's are reported have a lower screen height so you won't find 01 settings will be exact but close enough for starters

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
so whats better about about the straight tapper needle
over the stock needle

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
agitt73,

Nothing really hard and fast except results. You know that you want a big enough main so you don't squeak the piston and balance the pilot and straight section to eliminate decell knock without loading up and enough taper so it pulls good thru the 1/2 throttle area. ddk-3 and the stock pilot and main sounds like a good place to start. :confused:

socal scott

Nov 2, 2001
That's right, go with the DDK. I run 42/180 @ sea level. Better roll-on power under a load ie.. pulling a grade.
I've also installed the FMF AOF ignition (WOW!). May be a bit hyper for C level riders though, serious moto hit and top-end.:scream:

Top Bottom