souphmars

Mar 8, 2004
i am having a prob removing the bolt that connects the linkage to the frame - does anybody have any ideas as to how to remove it - i have removed the nut, i just can't get the bolt out

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Sounds like it seized. A couple of things you can try. Lay the bike on it's side and spray a good penetrating fluid on the area. After letting that sit for a while you may have to give the bolt a few love taps. Get some sort of wooden dowl and a hammer. DO NOT hit the bolt directly with a hammer. You can cause it to mushroom out.

souphmars

Mar 8, 2004
i got it off - i had to beat the heck out of it, and then pry it off - it took a while and about 6 hands - but i got it - once i got it off, i saw i needed a new bearing so i am in the process of knocking it out - that sux too - but i will get it out, eventually -

souphmars

Mar 8, 2004
i had the swingarm off - it was where the linkage attaches to the frame - i got the bearing out - now i just need to order the new ones and pop them in - all i need is them 2 bearings - all the other linkage bearings are good

Top Bottom