Jman271

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
Are the pipes and shorty silencers the same from 01-03? Some pipe mfg,(Doma comes to mind) are listing it as the same. However FMF says they are diff pipes from yr to yr. What gives?,,,,

iridesx164

Jun 14, 2002
Well, as the currenet owner of the same bike, I have had the same question. With some experience with my yz, (2000 125) the pipes are different, from 99 to 2000. but they will still fit and work just fine interchangeably. I have been told that the pipes are designed to work best for that motor. So, fmf may have changed their pipe for this year while doma diddnt. But they will all fit, it will just have different power charictoristics.

UKcr125rider

Apr 28, 2002
When i bought an HGS pipe for my old '98 Cr125, the manufacturer didn't have one in stock. They had a pipe for a '99 Cr125, and the 2 bikes are virtually identical. But the small internal mods between years meant that HGS developed a different pipe for the '99. As they do for every new model that comes out. Theres very few bikes that have an identical engine as the previous year. So i'd have thought each year would have a specific pipe and silencer design to get the most out of the engine configuration. :thumb:

IBWFO

Aug 5, 2001
Pro Circuit has not changed the design of the KTM 125 pipe since 2000. Same pipe........it still works well.....but we went with the FMF since they sponsor the 125 team.

D

IBWFO

Aug 5, 2001
Look on the pipe where the Pro Circuit plate is and you can see the year of the pipe and the bike it is made for.
In other words, the KTM pipe is stamped with 00125 which means it'sfor a 2000 125. The PC pipe is still an awesome pipe and you can do a little tuning by switching between the shorty and the Factory sound silencer. You compromise a little low end with the Factory sound silencer but it will rev to the moon!
2 of our rider like the FMF and one likes the PC.
What type of riding/tracks do you ride on?

D

Jman271

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
Silencer is the same also? BTW, thanks for all your responses. I ride MX in New England, so I'm looking for a little more top, over-rev, I heard the PC does it, but didn't know if it was the same from 00+, ya know?

ProCircuit

Jan 16, 2003
The shorty silencer is the same from 98-03, but the long silencer and spark arrester and different for 2003. I would recommend the shorty silencer!!!

Top Bottom