Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
You can use a BR9EG, or a BR9EIX or other similar plugs, you do know there is a reason Suzuki and Kawasaki specs that expensive plug though right?

fwsteal

Mar 25, 2007
I called a local shop and they told me to use a BR9EVX; no, why the expensive plug? Is it because the 125 is being phased out?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Really it should not be an issue, if you have the bike jetted properly you should not need to change the plug with any regularity that effects the budget. My Son's 05 is still on the stock plug, his 03 went two seasons on the stocker as well. Cheap insurance at maybe $12 a season if you shop around.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
You really need to get to know someone at the local shop and get a discount. I get many of my aftermarket RM parts at the Honda shop about 1/2 mile from my house. The parts guy there gives me pretty good discounts off most of the stuff - I bought one of the expensive plugs last year for about $20. Still expensive, but I only go through one or two plugs a year and haven't fouled one yet.

Chili - maybe you're right about the clutches now, but I haven't been particularly impressed with mine.

Love the rest of the bike, though.

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
it is because in some rare cases the ground on the cheap $ 2.50 plugs broke off and slammed between the piston and dome of the head which is very bad.

Top Bottom