zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
:) Does anyone know off-hand if the 06 yz450f is using the same oil filters used in earlier models? I have a fairly new Scotts stainless oil filter in my 01 yz250f and would reuse it if possible. (the 426 and 250fs shared the same filter). Eyeball wise it looks very similar in the manual and case. I havent opened the new bike up yet, just got it today. thanks.

B

biglou

When I went from the 426 to the 450, the part numbers were different for the filters. I think the overall length was a few mm shorter, but not sure. Maybe see if Rocky Mtn has filter part numbers up yet and compare?

B

biglou

K&N disposable oil filter PN's from Rocky Mtn. site, no 06 options yet, btw.

2002 250F/426F = #KN142. 2005 250F/450F = #KN141.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
I talked to my parts guy last nite before your info big lou, he said he checked and that it would work. I yanked out the scotts stainless filter and reinstalled a fairly new reusable filter. I have a couple spares as well to sell with the 250f as well. I still want to see for myself and do an oil change on the new bike; just haven't been able to ride it since its been raining since I picked it up!! Thanks for the info...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom