el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
alright guys here is the long awaited ride report (jeff).

well we all got a late start to wayne but once we got there, about 10:15 or so, we got all unloiaded and was off about 10:30 or so. Rich played tour guide for the day. we started off out of the south parking lot and made an left turn right out of the lot. we rode it for a while when daniel wrecked and damed near ripped off his nipple, i busted myself on a downed tree and then a metal pipe and about shattered my knee. we all got stuck on the absolute sloppiest uphill i have ever seen, went for a while longer and jeff hit neutral on an uphill and collided w/ his elbow into my barkbusters. but i am out of space, we ended up riding the funnest 40 miles of my life. i will add more as everyone else adds there info.:)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
out of space? what?
there's no limit on characters that I'm aware of. At any rate, rich knows how to pick the trail I'll tell ya, we could have been a lot worse off than we were but I think he decided to take it easy on us. I believe I had about the best save of the day, looked like I was flattrackin' it both sides down a slick straight, that was probably mile 35 of the 40 miles, that last section from the top parking area down to where we parked darn near ended me I think. I'd like to throw a shameless plug in here for GasGas motorcycles, this bike is incredible. Darn near the best out of the box woods bike I've ever ridden. Dare I say it? Better than KTM? Better than my trusty KDX? Only time will tell, but I'd say for right now yep :)

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
"I'd like to throw a shameless plug in here for GasGas motorcycles, this bike is incredible. Darn near the best out of the box woods bike I've ever ridden."

I'll give that to you Jeff. That bike really is sweet. The suspension is amazing. I've never ridden a two-stroke that had that kind of smooth engine braking and acceleration. It's got all the goodies too, (hydralic clutch, brembo brakes, Ohlin's suspension). You did good. All it needs is the low end torque of a 300 and you'd be set. ;)

There were definitely tougher trails there but considering the conditions, I don't think we would have had as much fun trying to ride them. Jeff knows some of the hills we avoided.

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
hey hey hey, i wanna throw in a shamless plug for me because i survived my 1st 2-stroke experience. i can't say enough for the way KTM makes a bike, if and when i go back to 4-strokes i will have a KTM. BTW i have no spot on my body that dosen't hurt. Jeff how is the ol' elbow:p . Hell of a ride guys, can't wait to do it again

smb_katoomer

Feb 24, 2001
dammit, it is still attached. it was never hanging or anything like that! geese, it wasn't that bad!

now i would like to make a shameless plug for the "Tuck and Roll" method of saving your butt in a crash. BYfar it is the best method i have ever seen.;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom