tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Any 02-03 Cr250 owners run this set-up? If so did you have any fit problems? I've asked around and done a search..everyone says it will bolt right up. But when I tried to install, it didn't fit on either end. Looks like I would need to relieve the case guard and chain guide. Any thoughts before I get to cutting? :yikes:

shifting

~SPONSOR~
Mar 5, 2003
Although I can't anwser your question I do have one for you.
Why would you want to run 14/53 gearing? It has the same gear ratio as running 13/49 (stock13/48). You are adding weight with larger sprockets and a longer chain. I just don't understand why someone would do this. Please enlighten me. :bang:

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
I picked up the sprockets on the cheap last year. Didn't want to spring for another 13/49 set-up if these will work. Also, my suspension guy tells me that they'll help the rear suspension under acceleration in the small choppy stuff.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Something I just thought about...when I was fitting it up, I used the old chain. Would that have any effect on fit?

Borch297

Jul 24, 2000
For Supercross the riders comment that the sprockets produce less "squat", out of corners. You will probably have to grind quite a bit out of the chain guide so the sprocket does not hit. The CR125 swingarm's chain guide is mounted farther forward and does not require modification.

Top Bottom