mc916

Aug 14, 2005
I just became the proud new owner of a very low hour 1980 yz250 that's been stored in a basement since 1982.The bike was running when parked and the gas was drained from the tank and carb,it is tight and rust free.A friend of mine bought the bike new and raced it for a little over a year and then took off for Texas in '82 to work and stored it in his brother-in-laws basement.A few years went bye and he told his brother-in-law to keep it and it's basically set ever since with box's stacked on it.It came with 2 set's of factory yamaha ring's and a new yamaha piston and a set of front brakes.I plan on taking it apart and greasing everthing and pulling the topend and freshening it up and checking the crank.It need's a front brake cable and lever,and new seat foam,it's broke down from the boxe's sitting on it.The seat cover is still good,i'll try to post some pic's soon.

mc916

Aug 14, 2005
Thank's for the link's MXP1MP,I actually owe the find to a good friend of mine .We've rode and raced together since high school and he got bit bye the vintage bug several year's ago and has been working on me getting a bike and getting involved ever since.

Top Bottom