gowen

Aug 2, 2000
I just blew a motor on a 1992 YZ250, threw a rod and thrashed the top-end. Well, I want to keep it, so I'm rebuilding the bottom end, and I'm thinking about a Big Bore kit. The '92 YZ, has hudge mid power and big low end, but no top-end. I like the Mid hit, and would like to get a big bore kit, which ever would boost the mid end the most. I don't care about overrev. Just like the mid hit. I saw on the webpage that it is $400 for a 265cc kit, does Eric Gorr offer a larger size? Is it the same? The same services? I need a new sleeve, piston kit, ect. ect.

Thanks

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I went with the 265 kit on my 94 YZ. I don`t know if he offers any other size for the earlier YZ250`s. I had his Mo Better porting to go along with the big bore kit. I`ll tell you what it pulls from the somewhere down below the basement and goes until the pipe won`t let it anymore. It has no hit anywhere it`s just smooth electric like power. Just give him a call with any questions. The kit comes ready to install with new piston, gaskets, bored,replated, honed and ported to your needs. At 400$ you can`t beat that.

Steve

Last edited:

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Im sure Eric can set you up but I must tell you that You might want to try the 360 Ohlins kit . Clark Jones still has some I think .If your crank is wasted you might want to put a long rod kit (earlier YZ )in it and might seem torquier.Youll have to get a spacer plate . YZR used to sell whole kit or cometic can make base plate . Eric knows .

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
The old Ohlins 360 kit takes so much money and effort to install on a bike. It needs the cases split and a new pipe and carb, figure on about $2,500
Now think about it, how much is your bike worth in good shape on the used market $1,800?
Why not consider a 1 year old bike. I've seen several 2002 CRF450s for sale around $4,000
Besides exotic engine kits like the Ohlins or RPM actually reduce the resale potential because of the high price of top end rebuilds.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Yeah EGorrs probably right about your bike not to bash it or you or anytghing but if youre gonna lay out 2500 samoleans for new kit or like 1000 for used you might as well put the money down on something newer and sell your YZ to someone else . Those 360s really ran strong though I had like 3 of them but it was okay because I could tinkker and do the labor myself .Used Yz 400/426s are cheap also and around here its real hard to sell a used KX 250 for any money ,as since the mags bashed them people dont really buy them , 03s are hot though .

Top Bottom