Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
Okay I'm pretty mind set on getting a new yz125... I will be mostly trail riding and I know that the newer 4-strokes have come a LONG way but I guess I'm just old school because I LOVE the 2-strokes snappy powerband and even the screaming sound of the 2-stroke makes me have a perma-grin for hours.
So besides the fact that they are easier to maintain what are some pros and cons for the new 4-strokes vs the new 2-strokes???

crazyrydermx

Feb 4, 2006
4 strokes:
Pros:
more power (of course 2 times displacement or close to)
more torque
improving constantly
less rebuilding
no mixing gas
less pollution
easily converted
Cons:
more expensive
heavier (bigger engine)
more moving parts, therefore IF something goes wrong, will most likely screw up more than one thing
not same thrill (IMO) as two stroke
PRO+/-CON:engine braking....con in my book
sound
smell
2 strokes:
Pros:
lighter weight
kick ( :) )
less parts
more power for half (close to) displacement
thrill
sound
smell
cheaper exhausts
Cons:
pollution
rebuild often
class will smoke you most likely
not as easily converted from mx to trail
mix gas
PRO+/-CON: won't be around much longer

I'm sure I forgot a lot, but this should help. Anything that is a pro for one, should be a con for another and reversed...ex. pro:twostroke:lighter...con:fourstroke:heavier

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
Yeah that helps a lot!
And to be honest, I already knew those fact about the 2 but I guess I just wanted to hear it again hell i dunno, But it does help me in my choice..
Even with that being said, I'm still not ready to be done with 2-strokes... Hell I wish honda was still making the trx250r... I'd buy one tomorrow...

Last edited:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
ls1cameric said:
Okay I'm pretty mind set on getting a new yz125... I will be mostly trail riding and I know that the newer 4-strokes have come a LONG way but I guess I'm just old school because I LOVE the 2-strokes snappy powerband and even the screaming sound of the 2-stroke makes me have a perma-grin for hours.
So besides the fact that they are easier to maintain what are some pros and cons for the new 4-strokes vs the new 2-strokes???

Try doing a search on the topic. Every aspect of the 2vs4 has been covered a hundred times. Probably be easier than waiting on replies to come in.

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
MXGirl230 said:
Try doing a search on the topic. Every aspect of the 2vs4 has been covered a hundred times. Probably be easier than waiting on replies to come in.

didnt think bout that.. I'll see what i can find!

Feb 26, 2006
I think you should get a Kdx(two stroke)

The Kdx's are very fast in the top end and even have a good low end. My KDX200 can take off just like a four stroke without bogging down and dieing. It can also take off with a zip like the YZ's. I like any Kdx ,but I also ride the accasionally YZ80. I like the YZs for their kwickness but the Kdx80 is no slouch either. The Kdx's are the ideal two stroke trail bike.

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
theKDX200rider said:
The Kdx's are very fast in the top end and even have a good low end. My KDX200 can take off just like a four stroke without bogging down and dieing. It can also take off with a zip like the YZ's. I like any Kdx ,but I also ride the accasionally YZ80. I like the YZs for their kwickness but the Kdx80 is no slouch either. The Kdx's are the ideal two stroke trail bike.

I've heard good things but I'm not a big kawasaki kinda guy...

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
as said before, search 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke and you will find all sorts of crap

this is done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom