yz125rider21

Apr 12, 2006
well my friends bike which is a 2000 kx250 that i ride has been bogging unless i am pinned so i took it out cause he said he could never tell why it bogged out but fouled plugs well I notice that main jet is 140 and on webiste says came with a 160 and the pilot came with a 52 and thats whats still in there...only thing done to bike is pip and silencer...do you think i should put stock jet size back in it????

yz125rider21

Apr 12, 2006
also what setting is stock setting on the needle, need to know where to put C-clip at. Right now its on second one form top and I putting all this back to factory settings but have no manual or anything...come on KX boys I know your out there...

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
stock is.....
power jet 48
main jet 160
pilot jet 52
needle clip not sure but I would guess middle for stock

That should get you a starting point?

If you go to BuyKawasaki.com you can bring up a parts diagram with stock and optional carb pieces. You'll also see that the main jet youre running seems very small?
Whats the plug look like?
Check some of the jetting links atop this section and do a search, LOTS of info out there.

yz125rider21

Apr 12, 2006
ya i dont know why its a small jet i took it apart to figure out what was wrong with his bike for him and noticed that main jet is 140 when it should be stock 160 so I though going to 155 would be alright. so does that sound good?

chevy383cid

Aug 26, 2005
On my 02kx250(pro circiut pipe and silencer) I'm running a JD jetting kit with a 168 main and a 45 pilot,the clip is in the second position from top.140 main seams a little small to me ,but if it will work there then OK. The JD jet kit made a world of difference, It came with two special tapered needles plus three mains and a 45 pilot!! I would try a 155 main and do a plug chop and see!!

yz125rider21

Apr 12, 2006
a plug chop??? but anway a 02 and 00 arent any diff that i know of so you went with a 168 main and a 45 pilot???? how com you went with a big main jet than stock???

chevy383cid

Aug 26, 2005
Those sizes came with the JD jetting kit and was recommended to use in the instructions, The bike has alway run clean with those sizes!! The Plug nice and tan-very very little spooge and a crisp throttle!!

yz125rider21

Apr 12, 2006
chevy383cid what do you have done to yours??? just want to make sure I am jetting it close to yours cause I have only a pipe and silencer, it has no cage on it just factory

dirt ninja

Feb 20, 2006
double check the threads above. He has 2 different needles that came with the james dean jetting kit. You have the stock needle that came with your bike. I also have an 02 kx250 with 45 pilot/162 main/and needle in the top position 1st clip/leanest. I have good results with my settings as well. :yikes:

chevy383cid

Aug 26, 2005
I only have a V-force and a pipe -silencer pro curcuit,Yes there or two needles in the kit( i'm running the blue tip one)Wich is for elevations around 1800 feet, I'd try the 155 or 160 main and move the clip to the top. Read the jetting links on this site,they can help you the most!!! Learn how to read your plug and then you will know in wich direction you need to jet. Also if the jets and needle are old (with lots of use) they ware a little,the needle especially!!

kshackleton

Oct 12, 2005
yz125rider21 said:
well my friends bike which is a 2000 kx250 that i ride has been bogging unless i am pinned so i took it out cause he said he could never tell why it bogged out but fouled plugs well I notice that main jet is 140 and on webiste says came with a 160 and the pilot came with a 52 and thats whats still in there...only thing done to bike is pip and silencer...do you think i should put stock jet size back in it????

I have a 2001 KX 250, and I ride in the woods at 4,000 feet and I have a stock pipe with an FMF turbinecore muffler:

Main: 152
Needle: NAFG, top clip
Pilot: 45
Air bleed: 1.5 turns out
Plug: BR7ES (one hotter than factory)

My bike rocks! It had no top end when I bought it and the main at that time was 148. Fatten up the main and you should be heading in the right direction. You might also be too rich in the pilot, and that is why you foul plugs. Try a 50 pilot and see what happens.

If I was in your shoes, I would not make wholesale changes. Change one thing at a time and see what happens. I would begin by fattening up the main until you have great top end...then work on the needle, and finally the pilot circuit.

I used seat of the pants feel for my gauge...and after a day's riding, my plug is a nice dark tan colour with no deposits.

I also run Bel-ray synth at 40:1

yz125rider21

Apr 12, 2006
its a a whole new top end cylinder and all...but anyway I got a stock jet for now to see how it rides, I just want to get rid the mid range bogging...well I went to put the carb all back together and I somehow lost the top gast where the needle goes...wondering if you thing silicone will keep it a good seal on top where the throttle cable is at....get back to me asap so I can see what route i have to take

yz125rider21

Apr 12, 2006
question top rubber seal on carb on kx250

Hey I somehow misplaced a gasket that goes to top of carb where the throttle cable goes through and was wondering if silicone will keep it a good seal?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom