dontgamble

Dec 4, 2001
Rode yesterday with n3ew 2nd clip 42pilot 175main altitude 2500 temp 90F. Much improved over nozx needles, excellent throttle response minimal spooge, no low end pinging (1 part 100 octane 2 parts 91 octane). Power is smooth and strong with no big hits as in the case of the nozx needles. Thanks to the folks who have been posting their results using this and the n3ej needle; my bike is a much more pleasurable to ride now.

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
Glad to hear you're having good luck with the N3E series needle. I have an '01 300 MXC and I'm using the N3EJ in the #3 clip position with a 42 pilot, a 178 main jet and 40:1 Mobil-1 premix on pump gas. I've had great luck with this needle so far...definitely the best combination I've found yet on my 300. Good luck with it and thanks for the info.

trajisto

May 3, 2002
BOB,

DO YOU HAVE THE STOCK OR AN AFTERMARKET PIPE? WHAT ALTITUDE ARE YOU RUNNING IN? WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE IN POWER BETWEEN THE N3EJ AND N3EW?

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
My understanding is that the N3EJ and N3EW are very similar needles and should yield similar results. I have not personally tried the N3EW, only the N3EJ, which is the stock needle in the '02 Yamaha YZ250. I am running the stock exhaust pipe with an FMF Power Core II silencer. Other than that, my motor is completely stock. I'm in Illinois, and I believe our altitude here is generally about 500' above sea level.

Stab

Sep 29, 2001
I ordered the needle for the '02 yamaha yz250. They sold me a needle that has OBEKP on it! It is obviously the wrong needle for my '99 EXC 300. Did they just send me the wrong needle or do I have something mixed up AGAIN!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Stab, they sent you the right needle: for a YZ250F four stroke!!

The N3EJ is stock for the YZ250 two stroke.

Take it back and tell them to try again!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom