doble

Apr 21, 2006
Hey, just got an 02 rm125. Thought it ran great, but Im used to 250's. I rode another guys 125 and realized my new bike is f'd up.
When I got the bike I set my carb up, my jetting matches FMF's site for my fatty pipe and powercore silencer, new plug, cleaned my carb but I lack low end torque. I've also got carbon reeds. Anyways I need to rev it really high off the line or I stall out, there's really nothing there until I hit the power band. I tried to check the power valve but apparently I need to remove the engine to get the cover off but swung it open and it isn't gunked up and is moving freely.
Anyone know how to set up the powervalve timing (the circular cover on the clutch side)??? Other than that anyone have any ideas?

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Your jetting may still be wrong for your conditions.

Try reading this:

http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/carbtuning.html

http://www.eric-gorr.com/techarticles/carbtuning.html

Also, other things to check:

Reeds, clean air filter.

What year/model was your other friend's 125?

Do you literally mean that you can't take off at low RPM without stalling? I ask this because most stock 125s don't really have any low end torque.

However, even before my motor work, I could lug my 02 RM125 around wthout any trouble.

Finally, this made me look really stupid:

Recently, I thought my carb was screwed up because the bike seemed to have a really short powerband with no midrange - it just went from bottom to top in no time.

Turned out that my clutch was slipping - I doubt that's your problem, though. I tell you more because the clutch is the primary thing that has given me any significant problems on that bike.

And no, I'm not sure how to adjust the power valve timing.

02rm125

Mar 15, 2006
its probably just the lack of low end torque...i've got an 02 and i have a couple buddies with 03 rm125's and theyre all the same...the motors just need to be revved to get decent power out of them

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
What brand was the other 125 ( blue or orange perhaps )? The Zook's have no bottom end - REV IT

rmrider125

Jan 13, 2006
you could most likely find info on the powervalve somewhere on the web.
if not go to your local shop and ask. that is if the guys know what they r doing

Top Bottom