O3RM125

Dec 22, 2007
Can anyone verify for me that the recommended mixture for this bike is 40:1 please?

Also, I was given about 2qts of Maxima superM premix oil from the previous owner, I am unsure how long it may have been sitting and the bottles are unsealed.. didnt want to mix it with a fresh 5 gal. of gas and have it be no good, does premix oil ever go bad from sitting too long?

One more thing while Im at it, is there a website I can buy a factory manual for this bike from? or do I need to go to the dealer for that?

Thanks for any replies.

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
I have an RM85L and it has a 32:1 ratio, just call your suzuki dealer and ask. I do not think that premix oil goes bad, I would not take a chance though.

-Drew

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
The manual states 32:1 for that bike which is what we ran on ours without issue, I would think the premix is fine. Manuals you will need to get from the dealer usually although you can sometimes find guys selling them on CD's on E-Bay. If you happen to be French I'd be happy to send you the French manual for it as we get both when you buy a new bike in Canada and when we sold it the new owner only took the English manual.

ropethebike

Oct 24, 2006
10w-40 should be fine. I use 10w-30 in winter and Shell rotella 15W-40 in summer.....some people use ATF

there are 100's of posts all over the internet on this topic.....you can read for hours....

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
We ran whatever cheap 10-40 we could get and changed it every ride or two in my son's 03. If you get one that seems a bit finicky you could try ATF Type F as well.

O3RM125

Dec 22, 2007
Thanks very much guys,and fyi I just ordered a factory manual from http://www.repairmanual.com/ total cost was $19.90, so I shouldnt have anymore newb questions :blah: good thing to cause I was about to tear apart the headset to fix that little wobble it has :rotfl:

Thanks again!

Nick90

Jul 18, 2007
You can find a Clymer manual on bikebandit.com. They have a link for bike manuals on the upper-right side of the page when you're looking at OEM parts schematics for your specific bike. It says "Need a manual" in blue writing. (that's the link)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom