3rd Annual Mods and STM "Wardy's Ride" Jul 22-24

B

biglou

That's right, it's now official. Thursday, July 22 thru Saturday, July 24th at Fox Valley Offroad (Wardy's Place) in Wedron Illinois. Track, trails, camping, story telling, etc. Check out the photo gallery for pictures from Wardyfests past. Get those vacation/kitchen pass requests in now!

Get directions here: www.megacross.com

Any questions, post'em here!

To quote Capt. Tenneal: "Uh, let's go!" :aj:

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Two questions:

1) What’s the consensus on accommodations, camping or motels?

2) Is this MX and trails, or MX only. Should I bring one bike or two?

B

biglou

Camping is the way to go, IMO. A room for a shower might not be a bad idea though. There is a really neat little track there. Lots of turns and small jumps. Also some woods trails, not too many, but I'm not sure of total mileage. And, there is a huge kidney-shaped flat track area that is a blast.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
I think Wardy said that the trail system is about 12 miles, but not marked...

I'll be "roughing" it in a motel near Mendota.... so my shower is available... (after I take mine leisurely..) I'll try to get extra towels, if not, bring your own!

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Will there be any fitty fire rides and nude harescrambles? If not then I don't think I can make an appearance. :moon:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Red and I will be there.... might have two more DRN friends with us as well - Stacy (BUKO138) and her dude, Donny.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
And I think camping is the way to go... but if people want to consider motels, check out the following towns:

Ottawa (10 miles)
Mendota (25 miles)
La Salle/Peru (25 miles)
Morris (25 miles)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Cool - usually Sunset is closed in July - but I just saw the make-up date on their site. I'm sure we would all head over there for Sunday's race as well.

I plan on arriving at Wardy's either Thursday AM or Thursday afternoon (depending on everyone else). And depending on Red's work schedule at the time, he'll either come out Thursday or Friday. We should be there through Saturday afternoon at least.

There is a small chance we might run over to the Joliet MX track for a Friday (6/23) night race. It's only 45 miles from Wardy's so we'd only be gone from probably 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm.

Last edited:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Nikki.... what is the distance and/or time to Walnut from Wardy's? looks like it's southwest of Wardy's...

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
there is a good amount of trails around the place, mostly wide due to the Q UA D S that ride there, alot of hills to play on

I am going to try to shoot for Saturday

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I think I should be there Friday. I'll stay until Sunday. I have to be in Oshkosh Monday morning. I'll be camping (which ought to be a funny sight since I have never slept in a tent in my life).

If anyone from the East is thinking of going, let meknow...it'll be a long ride alone. As of right now I'm thinking of bringing both of my bikes, but if someone wants to share the ride, I'll leave the KDX at home to make room.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Pokie said:
Nikki.... what is the distance and/or time to Walnut from Wardy's? looks like it's southwest of Wardy's...

Wardy's to Walnut is an hour. Walnut is pretty much west from Wardy's (and a few miles north).

From Wardy's, you can hop on I-80, go west 35 miles, then go northwest 15 miles. Or you can cut northwest to Mendota (25 miles), then go west another 25 miles.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
thanks Nikki.... northwest is the direction I'll be taking home anyway.... so I'll probably be a spectator at Sunset on Sunday...

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
I will be there Friday pm for sure, Thursday if possible. Unfortunatly I have a month long project due at that time. So if all the stars line up it will be sooner than later. 3 kids in tow this time.

Top Bottom