85 KDX200 & early model KX125 reed assembly compatibility ?

TR

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 17, 2000
Probably testing some peoples memory, but I think the early 84,85 or 86 KX125 reed assemblies maybe be a direct fit to the kdx200-a models. Can anyone remember ?

Dirtdame

Apr 10, 2010
You could always check an online parts list for both and see if it's the same part number.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
motopsycho87 said:
You are best off asking someone from a KX forum so measure their cage for you.

Right, cuz it's easier to ask someone to check for you than to dig up the info yourself.

Check a parts fiche. Preferably somewhere that supplies actual part numbrers, like service honda, or cheap cycle parts.

motopsycho87

Dec 26, 2010
^^ Captain attitude at it again!

Often if part numbers are different, bits still fit! And part numbers generally don't come with dimensions.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Often if part numbers are different, bits still fit!

Um. Maybe they do if he has access to an engineering facility the size of an olympic swimming pool! He's asking for a direct fit. Not likely to happen if the part numbers don't match up. Maybe occasionally, but certainly not "often". :coocoo:

Last edited:

motopsycho87

Dec 26, 2010
Or perhaps he may even need... A FILE :yikes: !!! 90% of things I've MADE FIT have taken little more than a file. Doesn't take a genius. :coocoo:

[Mod Edit - Play nice or stop posting - Try not to live up to all my expectations. ]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
motopsycho87 said:
Or perhaps he may even need... A FILE :yikes: !!! 90% of things I've MADE FIT have taken little more than a file. Doesn't take a genius. .

Well, that sure explains a lot. ;) :laugh: :rotfl:

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
If some rare person has both a 27 year old trail bike and 27 year old MX bike with the reed valves both out at the same time and has the proper measuring tools, as well as the time to measure ALL aspects of the cages, OR has already tried it, then please let this guy know. :)

Hey. It was worth a shot to at least ask it, as rare as the case might be. (insert thumbs-up emoticon here)

motopsycho87

Dec 26, 2010
Ol'89r said:
Well, that sure explains a lot. ;) :laugh: :rotfl:

Please take into consideration JulienD's tone before my oh so violent outburst on thisp sot and others. Methinks he needs to learn to think outside the box a little, that's why forums exist, for us poor *******'s that can't afford a mechanic to do everything for us and actually enjoy enjoy putting a little bit of our own ingenuity into our work. He really gets on my ***'s assuming the absolute worst out of every situation I mention and classing everybody as incompetent barre himself. So do forgive, for I was incited.

JulienD, if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything atall. I comment on posts like these with the intention of helping people, no-one comes to forums seeking criticism.

Top Bottom