jmatt

Apr 20, 2000
My friend just just purchased a 92' KX250 with a bad throtle cable.
He ordered a replacement Motion Pro cable and it was too short and
did not have an adjuster at mid length like the stock one. Also the end that goes into the carb is different and does not fit into the cap like the stock cable. The bag that the new cable came in says 92' KX250. Maybe his bike is not a 92 model; how can I tell? :think:

jmatt

Apr 20, 2000
Thank you Dirt Bike Dave, I'll try that tonight :thumb:
My friend is just getting into dirt bikes. He got this used KX250 from a local Honda dealer and the throtle cable's outter casing was broke in four places.
He is lucky to be alive. The throtle stuck open on him in the honda dealer's parking lot, (he lives close enough to dealer to ride the bike home) Guess what happens next :scream: he looses control heading straight at a very busy high way, not wanting to get hit by a car, he turns and slams into a brand new Honda four wheeler on display in the parking lot ripping the back fender of the quad right off. The damage to his bike: broken radiator shroud and a bent and leaking radiator. The dealer is not holding him liable for the damage to their new quad but is only offering him a discount on the parts for his bike. I know he most likely bought the bike "as-is" but shouldn't it at least be safe? he could have been killed. What kind of idiot would sell a two stroke dirt bike with a bad throtle cable to a beginer rider?

jmatt

Apr 20, 2000
I entered the VIN number on the Kawasaki site and it confirmed that the bike is a 1992, but after looking at the parts diagrams I discovered that the throtle assembly on my friend's bike is from a 91 or older model which is why the 92 cable did not fit.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom