kdxtodd

Nov 14, 2001
just picked up this 96 yz250 and pulled the top end apart oly to find that there is some serious damage.

what now?

Attachments

• head.jpeg
    head.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 331
  • jug.jpeg
    jug.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 222
  • piston.jpeg
    piston.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 289

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
One or more of your bottom end bearings probably came apart. I suggest you just buy a new crank and bearings from Hot Rods, $200, a new piston and wrist pin bearing from Wiseco, $140 (with gaskets). Throw some new crank seals on there ($10) anc clean up the head and the bike will be brand new. If you do your own work, this job isn't too expensive.

kdxtodd

Nov 14, 2001
I was afraid of that. what would be the cheapest route to take? The cylinder is scratched so maybe a sleeve would be in order. I looked at eric gorrs rebuilding prices, should I go that route? Is that the cheapest? I dont think I could do it myself since I dont have all the tools.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
What kind of tools do you have? You don't really need anything special. A flywheel puller (cheap), crankcase splitter (not always necessary), and an impact wrench to loosen the clutch hub and flywheel bolts.

kdxtodd

Nov 14, 2001
well I guess I can find those tools. Will the gears have to be dissasembled? I just cant find a compete hot rod crank for my bike, only the rod kit. How much is replating? should I just find a new cylinder on ****? thanks for your help

Top Bottom