adam_co

Apr 16, 2007
i have a dr250 and i have a few questions, the guy who had it before me has a cr250 end can on it and it is poppin sometimes when you rev it out of gear (it rides perfect tho) my dad sed that it'll be because of the metal tubing(the thing with loads of holes in that packing goes round) that goes through the can but i can cut them off easy as i done it on my old kmx200 also it has the wrong tank on it and i wondering if any years of the rm250 tank and plastics will fit because im sure the rear mud guard and side panels are from a rm250, thanks, adam

p.s. will it be ok with that can on for now if i take the metal tubing out of the inside

elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
Your best bet would be to find a used spark arrestor/silencer for a 1998 Suzuki DR250 and put the correct one on. If you remove the "tube thing will all the little holes" your bike will be much louder, like a mega phone effect. And "loud sucks". As far as your tank issue, I doubt a tank from any year RM will fit, since 1980 the RM has been liquid cooled, I believe your DR is air cooled. Maybe a dirt bike grave yard or the auction site may have some used parts that will enable you to put your bike back to original condition again. Trying to mix and match parts is not the right way to go.

Top Bottom