yzpowerband

Feb 11, 2007
When ever im starting to go through power band in any gear, when it gets to the peak of the powerband, it boggs down open throttle... I cleaned the carb, changed the reeds, changed the clutchplates(not like i think that has anything to do with it, but they were shot). Can someone help me fix this problem. I dont think its the air nut cuz it idles fine.. but u think it could be the jetting? , this bike has a full fmf gold series pipe and the jetting was tampered with.. do u think this could be the problem? I was also told by a local mechanic that my piston ring had low compression. could this be the problem too? if so that would be sweet and easy. someone plz help me. Thanks for your time .

mandark1967

Mar 12, 2007
yzpowerband said:
When ever im starting to go through power band in any gear, when it gets to the peak of the powerband, it boggs down open throttle... I cleaned the carb, changed the reeds, changed the clutchplates(not like i think that has anything to do with it, but they were shot). Can someone help me fix this problem. I dont think its the air nut cuz it idles fine.. but u think it could be the jetting? , this bike has a full fmf gold series pipe and the jetting was tampered with.. do u think this could be the problem? I was also told by a local mechanic that my piston ring had low compression. could this be the problem too? if so that would be sweet and easy. someone plz help me. Thanks for your time .

As the previous poster stated, it's time for a top end rebuild. It's better to do it now than later...

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
Quick cheap fix; new CORRECT plug, and set carb to factory jetting. If that doesn't fix it, follow the previous posters suggestions.

Good luck, Steve.

CRazy250

May 28, 2006
set the carb back to stock after you put new rings in. it will probably run rich because of the aftermarket reeds you have in it. so i will bet you need to lean the jets out a bit.

Top Bottom