IMG_1901pewittparfays2-13-10.jpg

IMG_1903pewittparfays2-13-10.jpg

IMG_1915pewittparfays2-13-10.jpg

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Here's a quick first attempt on a couple.

IMG_1859_bw1.jpg

IMG_1859_bw2.jpg

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
Dave- I love the shots of the ice flows. Too bad you couldn't get those pesky people to get out of the way of the scenery. lol. That place is pretty neat. Looks like fun sliding down the ice, aside from the fractured skull on a rock thing.

I've always wanted to try to get pictures of the ice springs flowing out of the bluffs on the Minnesota side of the Mississippi.

The water shots are cool too- for different reasons. Funny about the Valentine' opening in the ice. The reflection one I like, but I don't think my laptop does it justice.

Rich- I like shot 2 in pic one and shot one in pic 2. I think those are the ones that capture the feel of the rocks and the openings best. Fun to play!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
The pesky person in the picture is my wife and she don't move for anyone.

I took an unplanned slide off the side of one ice flow when I stepped just a bit to close to the edge. All I was thinking was keep the camera up away from the rocks as I crashed down through them. Have a couple nice bruises but pretty much par for the course when I am near ice.

Rich I really like the ones that are more of a pure BW without the slight off color tint. I wish they were composed a bit better to truely show how neat that area is.

Top Bottom