another newbie post, sorry ill learn soon i swear

Venom01

Sep 7, 2004
my 2000 kx250 seems to run great, im almost all the way through my first tank. i do all my own work on my mustang cobra so im not afraid to tackle anything. its just that my manual isnt gonna be here till next week and i just wanna make sure i dont mess anything up till then. what should i do as far as checkups and ****. i got the filter cleaner, and chain lube for after washing. lemme know guys

thanks for your input

uts

Jan 8, 2004
If it's only a week till you get your manual, don't worry about it too much. If anything just make sure you clean your air filter every ride or every second ride. Clean it in air filter solvent, let it dry then with hot soapy water, let it dry. Oil it well with air filter oil. Make sure that the brand you use is nice and tacky.
Check your chain slack. I'm not sure what your bike is meant to be but they are usually 35 - 40 mm for 250. (I don't know inches) That should do for a week anyway . Measure it on the top chain run about half way between the two sprockets. Lube your chain every ride. Cleaning can wait till you get the manual. Other than that, keep a spare plug at hand. A lot of 2 strokes run rich and can foul plugs. it's a bummer to get stuck.
Check your coolant and gear oil before every ride.
This should keep it going until the manual arrives.

uts

Jan 8, 2004
I bet when you get the manual you will see that it is worth the money. Who wrote the manual. Is it a Kawasaki one or Haynes or someone else?

lkessler

Aug 27, 2004
When was the last time it got a top end? Have you checked compression? check and change tranny oil. Recently got a CR250 that the top end seized on EXPENSIVE to fix be sure to check these things when you get your manual. Good luck and be safe!!

Top Bottom