Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
team race??? I dont think so. check there web site. Quads race saturday, bikes on sunday...and no youth race for this one.

I'll be there racing in C class sunday morning. Cant miss the only KX500 there with "dirtrider.net" decals on the fender!

Oct 10, 2000
I'll be at the GNCC, I hope we don't get much rain as that place gets alittle crazy with muddy uphills and slick downs.

I'm going to the Lynnville race this weekend anyone else gonna be there?

motormichael

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
Wheelie, What is the Lynnville race like? I don't want to spend the extra time driving down to it, when I could go to the freeman race. Is Lynnville worth the extra drive?

Oct 10, 2000
Lynnville is fun but more on the difficult side. on some of the course they run you on single track ridges that have steep drop offs on each side, one wrong move and your race is over. Other than that its awsome with good elevation changes and a well marked coarse, its a little on the rocky side and is dusty when dry and slippery when wet.

As far as it going to be worth the extra drive..........mostlikely not. The Freeman race is a good event and that race is double pts. for the district, its also known as the Indiana State Race (which you probably know). The only reason I'm going to Lynneville is because its a Nat. Harescramble :)

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
Naaa.....I'm just doing the Ironman GNCC for the rest of the year. I've got some pretty good piston slap going and a noisy clutch. I wanna do the Ironman and call it a year.
Oh, by the way. The Ironman in Crawfordsville is the 19th and 20th of Oct, not the 26th and 27th.

I'm planning on pulling my motor and sending if off to Eric Gorr and the forks and shock to Jeremy Wilkey this winter. If Jeremy can make my bike feel like a KDX and Eric can do his Mo Better majic, I'll have one hell of a woods bike!

motormichael

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
Wheelie, how was Lynnville? Freeman was great! Perfect trail conditions and great weather. I even managed to stay on the lead lap until nearly the end. I had a crash and dropped back a bit. My best race of the season but still just mid-pack. I was able to run with, and even pass A riders on the grass track sections. They would get me back in the woods though. What fun.

Oct 10, 2000
Glad to hear you had a good race motormichael!!
I heard the Freeman race was a good one (did you get any cool giveaways?). Lynnville was fun also and alot of the Pro's were there gearing up for this weeks Ironman. I didn't do very well on my first two laps and that cost me a chance at having a real good ride, the trail was slick at the start of the race but got better as the day went on. I didn't get hurt and my bikes still running so I'm happy :)
See you at the Ironman?

motormichael

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
I got an MSR hat and some chain lube. A friend that went with me got a jersey. Did you run 4-stroke? Who won the Pro class at Lynnville? Several dist. 15 B riders I talked to, said that they would be running the morning C-class race at the Ironman. Is this the norm? I was planning to run with the Pros in the afternoon Vet B class. Also, do you know if the correct color number plate background is required? The GNCC site says I should use yellow plates. I will have a silver Dodge Ram with a yellow DRZ. I may have my black enclosed trailer. Look me up at the GNCC. Mike

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
Originally posted by motormichael
Several dist. 15 B riders I talked to, said that they would be running the morning C-class race at the Ironman.

GREAT.........B-riders sandbagging in the C class. I'm a C rider, and I'm supposed to do good against THESE guys??? Geez. No wonder I only placed 22nd at Sparta.

Speaking of Dist-15. Do we get D-15 points for this race????

Oct 10, 2000
LOL....Hogwylde....Pleanty of sandbaggin at the GNCC's, thats for sure. No Dist.15 pts. for this one.

motor....Woodford beat Andrews by 3 seconds, banging bars on the last couple turns.
Alot of riders will run the morning race/C class so that they can watch the Pro's in the afternoon. I am against these kind of moves but what can you do? i don't think the GNCC does a very good job making sure riders ride in the proper classes, thats why the top dist.15 C rider will be lucky to get a top 5 or even top 10.......lol....oh well we'll still have alot of fun.
As far as number plate color, don't worry about it. If you were doing the series it would be good to do but for just one race its not required. If you have #'s on your bike they will make you tape over them or at the very least put an X over them.

motormichael

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
Thanks Wheelie. I guess I am going to run in the afternoon with the Pros. My buddy and I are going to run Vet B. Like he said, "why would you run the C race when you could run with the Pros and possibly be on TV?" I told him that the only way I would make TV, would be for the most spectacular crash. Besides, I might get beat by a girl in the morning race. I would rather finish last in the afternoon race.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom