shockdoc

May 3, 2001
Did you still need those old syle WP shims. I did find a few along with shafts, bodies, and many other pieces to those old shocks. Thought I had thrown a lot of that old stuff but found a few containers in storage.

doc

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Thanks Doc Its good to know youve got the goods, Actually I just put that shock back together for the guy and he picked it up yesterday. Actually I guess the guy who worked it last didnt stake the shaft enough or torque it tight enough and the piston turned ever so slightly and when the washers misaligned it locked up the rebound and was real slow. Just put a few new parts in it and shes OK now. Actually I was considering a whole piston swapover but with the preload adjuster on the rebound stack I didnt want to open up a can of worms you know . I would have had to turn a needle and install a rebouind jet in the shaft and for this guy it just wasnt worth it. You know Ive got quitre a few guys out here with those type on older Maicos but I think theyre regular flat shims . Good to know the stuufs around . Thanks alot . DEAN

WhiPit

Mar 16, 2000
You could have turned it into a "super-adjuster" pretty easily.........

And to be honest, unless you found the nut loose, many people never understood how those old sytyle shocks worked and didn't realize that those holes need to be lined up. In other words, it probably wasn't an accident that you found the shims in that condition!

Good work though - I love hearing stories about those old shocks.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
You know what I thought was pretty funky ? How to set the rebound preload adjuster. I made it contact the stack then preloaded the spring about three turns . Works good. Shockdoc you can E mail me at :deanholonics@msn.com. Thanks DEAN

Top Bottom