Blackcat

Mar 9, 2007
Bent frame or???

Okay my bike seems like it wants to steer a little better to the right then to the left. It's not that bad it just there and it annoys the **** out of me. Does anyone know how to tell if it's a bent frame. Could it be something else. I just bought the bike and it doesn't look like it's been riden that hard although I do have a bent foot peg. I also checked the back wheel I thought it could be on crooked but that wasn't the problem. Any ideas on where or what I should check? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
Check to make sure the forks are the same height in the clamps first. Also have a friend ride the bike to validate your concern, the bike is new to you too and you may still be use to riding your old bike.

Blackcat

Mar 9, 2007
No it goes straight while I'm riding. It just when I'm putt'n at low speed and just using my weight to turn the bike I feel it the most. And I know the bars are a little bent which I think adds to it. I'll have to put new bars on my list of things I'd like to get with my next paycheck(the list just keeps getting longer) But Fru you said misaligned wheel I know how to check the back wheel and that's straight. Can you align the front? I thought it was a hit or miss kind of thing there. Also I can't have none of my friends check out the bike cause my riding buddies are like 12 and 13 years old. Theres noway I can just measure from point A to point B and find out for sure? My whole goal with this bike was to cherry it out but this 900 dollar frame thing sets me back a bit. It's eaither a frame or a trailer or if it is just a frame save a little bit but it's going to take me a while. Grrrr

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
The bars could be the problem, so change them before accusing the frame. It is also possible that the problem is in the fork alignment, so make sure that it is straight. Mostly what I am saying is that you should check the little stuff first. If it is the frame, you might be able to find one in the used arena if you look hard enough.

mandark1967

Mar 12, 2007
Blackcat said:
Did you at least put a dent in the Cadillac?

A very small one on the front lip of the hood.

Ya remember thos big black vertical bumper guards that were stuck on the front bumpers of late 70s early 80s caddys? (google will help illustrate them)

One hit behind my left leg on the swing arm, the other hit the expansion chamber of my bike.

Threw me about 40 feet through the air and I landed so hard on my arse that I bouced high enough to simply place my feet back under me and I was standing.

Didn't get a single scratch on my body, but I broke my tail bone.

Bike fared a little worse. I had to remove the pipe, cut a U shaped hole in it and pound out the dent on the other side of the expansion pipe and reweld the U hold shut. It bent my right side handle bar down about 90° so I had to get new bars, and it bent the swing arm a little bit.

It was a tough little 1982 KX 80.

Top Bottom