Best Pants, Jersey for Big guys in HOT Weather?

seerf450

Apr 23, 2002
I need new gear for the summer. I live/ride in south TX, and after racing yesterday and DNF-ing my first moto due to heat exhaustion, I need to get some vented gear. I currently use SHIFT free ride gear in black. It’s very comfy compared to race pants but extremely hot. I used to use THOR Flow Pants and Jersey, but the pants where so tight, especially around my legs and crotch, very uncomfortable. I’m 5’9” 235lbs with a 38 inch waist. What is the most comfortable, cool, durable race pant on the market right now, something that doesn’t fit like spandex? I also use XL ASTERISK knee braces, so I’ll need extra room in the knees. Thanks… :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I have good luck with Fox gear having enough room in the legs for braces along with Thor, SoCal, and I hear Moose is roomy as well. These are all good brands so they should wear pretty well. I hear the Sahra gear is pretty airy bu don't know if it's your style :D

seerf450

Apr 23, 2002
Thanks for the info, but how will the fit be. Are you guys around the same size or have the same problem I have with fit? Just about all gear is designed to fit the average 160 pound rider, not someone like me. ;)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Maybe check out Thor AC2 gear (vented jersey and vented pants) on Fox Vented gear (a few different vented jersey styles - Aero, 02, etc - and vented 360 pants). The vented gear really does make a difference!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
My fiance wears the 38's in Thor (and an XXL jersey) and thinks they are very comfortable. The pants fit him a little baggy, come all the way down to his ankle, and fit nice over his knee braces. Thor seems to run a little small in size and Fox seems to run a little big (like you may wear a 38 in Thor and a 36 in Fox).

Best thing is to get to a dealer and try on the gear (over your braces, kidney belt, etc...)

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
i like the moose sahara gear, it's vented so well it's like wearing an air conditioner. i wear 38 britches, 6' & 210 lbs. (all muscle, i swear). only drawback: the gear is so lightweight & vented, i wouldn't call it durable.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I've got a set of the Thor AC2. Ventilation is great but it's a little tight getting the pants over the asterisk braces (not enough to stop me from buying the pants though).

The only problem that I have had with the pants is the liner. It's thigh length, only attached at the waist, and flimsy. I ripped one side with my gunboat sized feet. Now everyone can tell what color thong... oops... I meant biking shorts I'm wearing. ;)

I cut the liner out last weekend... problem solved (and even more ventilation to boot). :)

seerf450

Apr 23, 2002
Yeah, but I can't wear blue, and black isn't good in hot weather. As far as I know, it only comes in three colors, white black, and blue. Blue just doesn't match my new Arai Windham Lid in White & Red :) , and my Honda 450. :D
Thanks...

Top Bottom