YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
Any one know of any good local shops? I've got a 98 yz125 that had something let go in the bottom end. I'm planning on selling it, but figure I could probably get more for it if I fixed it. Given my very limited mechanical skills, its probably easier/quicker/better if I take it to a shop. Soooo....anyone know of any?

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Yep, kind of a long way from you but the job will absolutely be done right, reasonably. Call Bob or Pat Nolin at Ramona Cycle Supply, (760) 789-4178 and if you like, tell them Nick from Solana Beach referred you. It might save a few $ but he really runs the shop for fun now (and to support Grandson's racing habit!) and cuts it pretty close to margin.

btw, grandson Tommy Deuchars got 1st 125 Novice (again) yesterday at Barona. Friggin' Sandbagger!!!

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
endosports ( a drn member) is in santa clarita, just look for one of his posts and it should have a link.

does great work, the only problem is that after he has fixed it, it will be a lot faster than it was so hang on!

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Hey Andrew, I think I'm going up to Ramona tomorrow to get my forks done. If you would like me to check on anything for you, give me a shout on the cell, or if you post here, I'll call you from there so you can speak to Bob personally. ...N

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
If you do end up going, just ask about the cost of a top and bottom end rebuild I guess. There's some up and down play in the rod, so the whole thing needs to be checked out. I know its tough to give a price without looking at it, but I'm just looking for a ballpark figure now anyways. I'll give you a call some time tomorrow. Thanks!

endosports

Jan 10, 2002
Andrew,

Let me know if you would like me to get you a quote together. If there is cylinder damage I will have to send it to LA sleeve.

Topend parts are 100-125 and the labor will be around 4 hours to split the cases.

Is the motor out of the bike? Is it locked up(won't turn over?) If you are not able to make the drive consider shipping me the motor.

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
Endosports – I got your number off your website, I’ll give you a call early this afternoon. Will it be you answering the phone, or is there someone else I should ask for? The motor’s still in the bike right now, I’m going to try and take it out this weekend. The motor isn’t locked up.

Top Bottom