Bottom tripple clamp recall on all 2003`s !!!

525Rocket

Oct 4, 2002
on the blue side..... I`m new in the orange club !!!!

There was a post on thumpertalk that was put in today by a Canadian dealer that`s why I asked here....

525Rocket

Oct 4, 2002
To all dudes and dudettes.......

I got a call from my dealer about 1/2 hr ago explaining the situation.... I`ll have to chk if my bike is amongst the "bad bottom clamp" group !!!! I suggest that you all chk the time stamp on yours......

Below is the post on Thumpertalk that got me started...

For all owners with new KTM s 2003
Disreguard the old Tripple clamp informations.Check the Fabrication Date stamp under your tripple clamp.You will see in the middle a 2(the year)around that you see 12 triangles.One for each month.if you find 2 to 7 dots in the triangles contact your dealer right away for a appointment to change the clamp on warranty.""DO NOT RIDE THE BIKE."" This goes for ALL 03 KTMs.

Katoum

Dec 24, 2000
I do not think the replacement is automatic, I had my 03 450EXE recalled and the dealer did a inspection. The clamps have to be removed and the bearing pressed off. The crack is under the bearing and no visable without disassembly. Dealer did find one 525 EXE cracked however.

525Rocket

Oct 4, 2002
Katoom

According to my dealer they will change all tripple clamps that fall into THE category.... Those which were manufatured between February & July... From what I know KTM only released this recall yesterday so if you haven`t spoken to your dealer lately I`d give them a call.....

Alain

Top Bottom