MarkSims

Feb 9, 2004
Hi. I'm replacing my chain and sprockets and the first thing I did was remove the chain with the rear wheel still on the bike.

I then noticed that when I turn the rear wheel, the rotor scrapes the pads during about half of the rotation - always in the same place.

It's not so much that I can feel the resistance - just hear it.

Is this a sure sign that the rotor is warped to some degree? Is it time for a new one? Or do I need to put the rotor on a flat surface to know for sure?

Thanks! Mark

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Mark, I fixed my rotor when it was doing that. A large crescent wrench adjusted to fit the rotor bent it back just fine.

Who knows if it was a heat induced warp in the first place or I accidnetally bent it.

This repair has held over a year with a lot of riding. I would not hesitate to re bend this again if necessary.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
With a minor warp like that you can easily fix it using the method Rcannon mentioned....max 5 minutes and you dont even have to take the wheel off the bike

SULLY

Apr 17, 2002
If it's not enough to stop the wheel when spun by hand I wouldn't worry about it. It probably took a knock that last time you were T Boned!. The caliper is slightly floating anyway, so it will allow for a SMALL amount of warp.

Top Bottom