KC10Chief

Oct 10, 2004
I was racing an extremely muddy race on Sunday and wore my rear brake pad down to the metal! I can see that the rotor is thinner where the pads were rubbing. It's a noticeable difference. Is this bad? If so, has anybody tried the Tusk rotors? They're only $50. Sure beats the OEM price of $150! Thanks for any info! Matt

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
well for $50 i would buy a set, but mine are the same way and the rotors work fine, i just change the pads. muddy conditions will eat your pads like crazy!!! :bang: but running a solid rotor in staed of the holed ones will help alittle. :)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
There is a min. thickness that you can't exceed that should be stamped in the rotor. If you're thinner than that then replace them. But if you can feel a ridge on them then I'd bet they are trash.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Matt, I bought a Tusk rotor for my old DR 350. I used it for over a year without any troubles. It appeared to be as well made as an ebc or braking model.

I did find the protective coating it is shipped with, sort of gold color, is very thick. It basically ruins the first set of pads that touches the rotor. If you get one you might want to use a used set of pads to wear this coating off. Maybe even some sort of sandpaper would work???

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom