brand of springs and rate accuracy

Rumz

Oct 13, 2002
do you think it matters, what brand of springs you buy when you want a specific rate? mx-tech, race tech, factory connection, etc. thanks

WhiPit

Mar 16, 2000
The thing I find with springs is, it doesn't matter who's selling them, it all depends on who's making them for those companies to sell. Some companies have a reputation for their products "sacking out" quickly, or breaking. Those things can happen to any spring - regardless of who makes it, but some definitly happen more frequently than others.

The other thing to consider is, if the spring you purchased from company "X" breaks after three hours of operating time, will they stand behind it and replace it? How long is that warrany? Is it for the life of the spring, or does the warranty end when the UPS driver hands you the box?

Also, be careful of companies who claim their springs are accurate within such and such percentage, while at the same time telling you everyone else's springs are +/- 10%, or whatever. A spring is what the manufacturer of that spring tells you it is. The problem is, the spring test stands that these suspension "experts" use are inacurrate, and that's where you get the varations. It's the same with engine dyno's - no two will give you the same reading. There are too many variables involved. One dyno may say the bike is putting out 100hp, and someone else's will say it's only 92hp. It's the variables in the equipment.

Good spring manufacturers know how to design and build a spring. As long as you're buying from a good company, you'll get a good spring and the rate will be what the manufacturer designed it to be.

380roost

Apr 20, 2003
I need stiffer rate springs for my 380EXC, are the aftermarket springs as good as the WP springs (the stiffest in my parts manual is .44n/mm),
which brands resist saging ?

Regards,
Ken

Top Bottom