Mar 11, 2005
Hey Guys,

My name is Eduardo and I live in Brazil. I an a dirt bike enthusiastic like you all. My sport is enduro/trail but maybe one day, I will shift to motocross. Do not know yet

I´ve got a Yamaha 2 stroke DT 200. It is an on-off road bike that was adapted to go offroad. Why that? Dirt Bikes in Brazil are really expensive and the most common way of starting is adapted bikes. Just for you to have an idea, a nice bike (Gas Gas 250, KTM 300, KDX 220, Husqvarna - all 2 strokes) should cost 3 to 4 times more than in US (adjusting to our "purchase power" as well). So, it is quite expensive to have a brand ne dirt bike and maintain your actual one. This also applies to security equipment, unfortunately.

Despite that, we do have a lot os places to ride. I live in São Paulo (16 million inhabitant city), so I have to put the bikes (yes, 2 bikes, because me and my wife ride) and travel to the interior of the state (70km more or less).

Well... this is me...I am an administrator of an off-road forum in Brazil... You can try get a look there, but we are really tiny compared to you (330 users) - www.terrasolta.com.br

Best,
Eduardo

P.S. if you want to come to Brazil, give me a shout... we can arrange a trip down here!

Take a look at this photos.

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=113465

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

I see where you have gone to your User CP and updated information relating to your location. Thanks for all the great info on your background etc.

Many "older" :nod: members started out on dual purpose bikes that they slowly modified as funds permitted, so we understand the trials and tribulations of making something work in a manner that it was not originally intended. To bad about the pricing of single purpose bikes, as they are dramatically better than DP bikes as I am sure you know. We have only one (to my knowledge anyway) other member here from Brazil. His screen name is planger on this site. He might be a member of your site as well.

In case you have not found it, check out the International forum for happenings specifically outside the US.

Hopefully someone will post names and addresses for some stores prior to your trip north.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

Mar 11, 2005
Tony, unfortunately my visit to US was like a marathon... of work!! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

I did not but anything neither in Chicago or New York. I did not have time to go for it. But anyway, it was nice to know this 2 cities... nice places!

Talking about bikes, mine had its suspension completely changed by the best suspension preparer of the country (Sebilosky). It is amazing the difference compared to a non prepared bike. Off course, it is still behind a pure off-road bike, but the result was nice and reasonably affordable.

Answering your question High Lord, my with rides a Honda XR 200, a 4 stroke dual purpose bike. She is starting as well but we intend, in the near future, to move to 100% off road bikes (it will depend on my bonus... hopefully as nice one! :nod: )

bests,
Eduardo

Ops, I was forgetting to mention that there should have more Brazilian here... but as English is not very well disseminated in Brazil, they should read more than write (Please, apologize my bad english too)

Top Bottom