maxmc89

Apr 22, 2009
Hello guys!

I'm about to buy a MX bike but I'm not too sure about which year I should go for.

I've decided I want a CR250 (second hand) from 1999 to 2003.

I'd basically like to know if you guys could give some advice as to which year I should avoid or should be interested and what changes the bike had each different year. If you guys knew a web page that could help me it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Max

gurt

Feb 25, 2006
2001 ftw! I just stepped up from a 125, and it couldnt be any better. Plenty of low end, awesome mid and top, I couldn't be happier. 2000 to 01 have the 2nd gen frame, but if you set up your suspension right I doubt you could feel much of a difference between that and the 3rd gen (I couldn't). Can't speak for the pre 2000 cr's, but I like my 01 better than the newer ones. All I have done to mine is a full pro circuit pipe and v3 reeds.

spark250

Feb 7, 2008
you can't go wrong with a 2000 or newer. They are all aluminum frames but the 99 had some cornering and head shake type issues. The 2000 and 2001 motors are great! Lots of low end and I found it to have a real manageable power band. 02 and newer is going to have an RC valve and the updated frame. I've found those motors to be a little more pipey!

Either way it just depends on what kind of deal you can find. But in general, stick with 2000 or newer!

mihm82

Apr 6, 2009
i have a 2001, and LOVE IT. awesome trail bike, great low end power, only complaint is that i chew up back tires very quickly.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom