Masu

Dec 29, 2001
OK, just to set things straight so everyone know what I'm going to blabber on about...

I'm, jetting the 1995 RMX 250

This is what has been done to the RMX concerning the engine:

Very recent topend rebuild, new piston, rings, wrist pin, bearing, and cir-clips. The cylinder looked fine, I did not have a flex hone to resurface it, but I scrubbed it with a green scrubby pad until I was not lifting anything off the cylinder walls.

Air box lid removed.
Recently oiled TwinAir filter.
Kehin PWK 38mm carb bored out to 39.5 with a divider plate installed. (RB Designs)
The carb was completely taken apart and all the passage ways were polished and everything has me de-burred.
In the carb I'm running;
#7 slide
DEK needle on the middle clip
#190 main
#50 slow jet

I have V-Force reeds installed.

The stock head gasket was 1.7mm it was replaced with a Cometic 0.25 mm
Base gasket was 0.5 mm it was replaced with a 1.0 mm

FMF Gold series pipe, stock silencer (the FMF on is too loud)

The plug I pulled is on the lighter side of brown.

Here is the problem;

At anything over 1/4 throttle the bike hauls the mail, seriously, but below 1/4 it hesitates a bit, with a crackling sound. I can tune this out, but then on deceleration the bike surges like crazy.

If the bike is revved up, and then left to sit, the idle will stay high for a bit then drop down to normal, is this a lean or rich condition?

On deceleration, throttle completely closed, the bike surges badly, is this a lean or a rich condition?

I know that some of you out there are very good at jetting carbs, I could really use some help here.

Cheers!

A-RustyDemon

~SPONSOR~
Dec 9, 2002
It sound like your lean on the slow circuit. I'm going to guess by you statement that " I can tune this out " your talking about adjusting your air screw. Try taking your pilot jet to a #52. You'll never get it to be clean all the way thru. If your do then more then likely your lean somewhere.. You did not say anything about hard starting but you could also look for an air leak in the intake some where. Maybe recheck the torque on the reed cage bolts as well. Just a thought.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom